Menu

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

from the studio of: ann mabee

postale mini library drawer
by ann mabee

when the gypsies gave me the assignment for CHA, it was to be a project using the mini library drawer and any of the new release products I wanted to use! talk about free reign!! i immediately went to my computer to see what I had pictures of that hadn't been used before and were of something I was wanting to document for myself. when I came to the file of the trip my husband and I took last summer to Oregon, I knew that that was what I wanted to use.
then I took a look at the new release and decided the Postale line would be perfect! it had an "all American" look to it and it would nicely compliment my pictures and our journey. i formatted my pictures to fit the mini library drawer and sent them off to be printed. then i went to work!
i knew it would take a lot of cards/pictures/stuff to fill the drawer. about the time i started this project, 7gypsies was acquired by Canvas Corp and the artists were given the opportunity to incorporate some of the Canvas Corp products into our projects. so I went in search to find some things to use.
i found several suitable items. their products are neutral tones and can easily be dyed to match whatever color palette you are using. so my project is a mix of 7gypsies and Canvas Corp. i put all of my supplies around me on my workspace so i could easily see what i had to use and went to work (it's that old gypsy thought...within arms reach!)
i wanted to do the project in a chronological order so one could see our trip from beginning to end. most of the items in the drawer are individual cards that help tell our story. i made a few mini books to tie together larger groups of pictures in a cohesive way. once i got started, the project came together easily. it was a fun way to document our trip to celebrate my husband's retirement.
thanks Ann for sharing your thoughts with us!!!

10 comments:

Glynis said...

what a great way to document a vacation! Would be so fun to create!! Love the idea of including the mini books with the tags :O)

Blue Skies Village said...

It is beautiful, thank you for the great idea, my brain has slowed down since I saw your journal.

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

What a super cute idea! I love how your project turned out, and you are inspiring me!!!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

WOW - thanks so much for the inspiration. I have the regular library drawer and this gives me some great ideas!!!

jbonomo said...

Absolutely fabulous! Thank you for sharing once again.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! These are all GORGEOUS!! Such inspo!!

LyndaKay said...

Gorgeous inspiration!!

heidig said...

Gorgeous! Everything I've come upon that was made by Ann has always sparked my interest. All of her projects are simply wonderful!

Ann said...

Thanks, heidig!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

I LOVE this project!!!! Just so awesome with so many fantastic details!!!